The Montgomery United Methodist Church is the second oldest Methodist Church in the State of Texas. MUMC was founded in December of 1838 by Littleton Fowler. The first actual structure of the church was nothing more than a log cabin. In 1842, at the Methodist Quarterly Conference, a vote passed to build the first parsonage at the site of Pond Street in Montgomery. The second church building was constructed in 1850 and stood until the church was built in 1908.
As the congregation grew, the need for a larger church became clear. Ten acres of land on Highway 105 West of the Montgomery city limits was purchased and construction of a new church was completed in late June, 2003.
With larger facilities, we have continued to grow in membership and in our own personal knowledge of Jesus Christ. We are constantly expanding our ministries and mission outreach to our community. Our rapid growth since 2003 forced us to expand with the construction of more classrooms, a new Music Ministry area and larger Youth areas.
Our church has a wonderful history of Christian service to the community and we are most grateful for those who have gone before us as we are building on their sweat and toil. We will continue to lift the banner of Jesus Christ high and set an example for our community around us. We hope that you will join with us in our guest of Christian love.
Our foundation is strong, our mission is true, and our future is bright!